Friday, February 10, 2006

Fu-fu!

I tried fu-fu for the first time last night! Fu-fu is an authentic Ghanaian dish made with plantain flour and water. This paste is then mixed and kneaded for some time and eaten with soup, using your fingers. It was quite the experience. Well worth it though.

Things are going well. I'm getting more accustomed to the tro-tro's and today will be heading over to the national school of film in Ghana to speak to a professor about his work with documentaries here. Yesterday a small group of my class visited an internationally known artist working in Ghana, showing in Germany, the U.K., U.S., and France. We saw a documentary made about his sculptures, representing the genocide in Rwanda. It was very moving.

Tomorrow I'm going with some classmates to a beach which apparently comes equipped with hammocks! The break will be very welcome. Tuesday we leave for Kumasi, which is North West of Accra. No English will be spoken here, so I'll get to try out my new Twi speaking skills. Wish me luck! God bless!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa

I am soooooooooo jealous of you!!!! Sometimes I wish I studied abroad in South Africa...oh well! Enjoy yourself and keep up the blog...I love reading all that you are doing:)

Kristina

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are missed
~Kirk

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO jealous.

i miss you!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Beach?!?!? I am a little jealous. It is flippin cold here. And yes monica WE ARE DOING IT!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home